Authentic Glamping at The Orchard Retreat
As the summer becomes a lovely distant memory and we close our doors on the yurts after another amazing season, we can now reflect back on glamping here at The Orchard Retreat.
In mid September we visited The Glamping Show for the first time (timing was never on our side in previous years), where we marvelled at the variety of glamping options on offer. Some serious thought and hard work has gone into producing these incredible spaces and we really enjoyed looking at them all.
Looking around, taking it all in, we also met with many equipment suppliers and we were amazed at how big this industry really has become.
But it made us wonder what do we do to keep the feeling of ‘authentic glamping’ here at The Orchard Retreat, when the glamping umbrella has become so diverse.
Why We Feel We Offer Authentic Glamping
For one, our glamping is still under canvas, giving you that feeling of being close to nature whilst sleeping in utter comfort.
Other things we feel make The Orchard Retreat an authentic glamping experience are:
- The location – our three yurts are situated in a gently sloping orchard (obviously the yurts are level) offering seclusion and private settings.
- There are a number of cooking options; in the yurts, in the communal kitchen, around your private charcoal BBQ or the communal fire pit.
- The yurts were made just 2 miles up the road – the hazel roof poles are in their natural form and sustainably foraged from a local private wood (with the permission of the owner of course).
- The interiors are a mixture of upcycled furniture and proper beds, making for a wonderful classic look. As one guest said it is like going to your granny’s house back in the day but smarter and more comfortable. We like to think of them as more Victorian traveller!
- No WiFi or electricity in the yurts so they are lit by lanterns, candles and fairy lights – lovely!
The End of the Yurt Season
As we take the yurts down, the cottages take centre stage! September/October remain a popular time of year to welcome cottage guests and we are really looking forward to welcoming our Christmas guests too. It is so nice to see families celebrate this special time in our cottages.
During the autumn months, cottage guests are still able to use our outdoor bathroom and have a warm bath under the stars. Wander to our farm shop and cafe just an eight minute walk up the road. Enjoy a meal at our award winning pub The Ring of Bells and visit many of the wonderful local attractions.
So it is well worth a visit from now until next Easter. Even if you are glamper we hope our cottages will entice you. Take a look and see what you think!
Booking for Spring
Bookings are flying in for next season – with Easter weekend fully booked (bar one yurt). So do take a look, sort some dates you would like to visit and get booking.
In the meantime, cheers (from The Hidden Tubhouse) to you all and we look forward to seeing you soon!