Autumn Yoga Retreat at The Orchard Retreat
Are you looking to prioritise pleasure and wellness this year? We all live such chaotic and busy lives so to stop for a minute and take some time out is essential to our wellbeing. So with that in mind, we are so excited to announce that we are hosting our first yoga retreat here at The Orchard Retreat in September. A retreat at the Retreat, has a good ring to it doesn’t it?
Having enlisted a couple of local yoga teachers last season to provide yoga sessions for our guests, plus we already had a masseuse available to guests and caterer courtesy of our supper club, we decided that we have all the right ingredients to put on a fantastic yoga retreat.
Not only that, but with 15 acres of meadows, wood, orchard and lawn the setting couldn’t be more tranquil and relaxing. It is also something our guests have often asked about.
All facilities on site will be open to yogis, including our amazing outdoor Tubhouse which houses two cast iron baths and a shower. Our communal fire pit can used in the evenings and the pizza oven will be available on the Sunday night for those guests who are taking advantage of the additional night.
The retreat is suitable for all yoga abilities so everyone can take part and all yoga equipment is supplied, although welcome to bring your own!
The retreat will be held by our principal yoga teacher Vivien Hampson. It will take place from Friday 21st September to Sunday 23rd September. However, please note the site has been reserved until Monday 24th so you are welcome to stay on Sunday night too!
- Guests can arrive from 3.30pm (we will greet you and show your to your accommodation)
- 6.00pm – 7.00pm Restorative Hatha yoga to create a sense of balance in the body and calmness of breath
- 7.30pm Dinner
- 7.00am – 8.00am Breakfast
- 9.30am – 11.30am Dynamic Hatha yoga an invigorating practice to open the body and free the breath
- 12.30pm Lunch
- 2.00pm – 3.00pm Meditation session
- 6.00pm – 7.00pm Relaxing Hatha yoga to settle the body and still the mind
- 7.30pm Dinner
- 7.00am – 8.00am Breakfast
- 9.30am – 11.00am Dynamic Hatha yoga an invigorating practice to open the body and free the breath
- 12.30pm Lunch
- Check out by 10am
*all dietary requirements can be catered for
Availability and Pricing
Space is limited to 12 guests so do register your interest as soon as possible.
Pricing includes accommodation, all yoga sessions, meals from Friday evening to Sunday lunch, all facilities and use of the pizza oven on Sunday night if you stay on.
A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to secure your place, with the balance due 4 weeks before the retreat.
- We have 3 yurts, each accommodating 2 people in separate beds at £335 per person (each yurt has its own private bathroom nearby)
- 1 Shared room in Apple Tree Cottage accommodating 2 people in separate beds at £335 per person (shared bathroom)
- 1 Private room in Apple Tree Cottage accommodating 1 person at £365
- 3 private rooms in The Cider Barn at £365 per person (shared bathroom/1 en suite)
Why not bring some friends and have a yurt or cottage to yourselves. We are so looking forward to our first event and know it will just be a wonderful weekend.
How to book
Bookings can be made via our email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01363 866058 (the weekend has been reserved on our online system so no website bookings can be made).
Our masseuse Becky Cunningham will be able to come to site and provide a wonderful massage. Massages are available on Saturday and Sunday during free time and places are at a premium so pre booking is a must. You can either pay us directly when you book or Becky can take payment in cash directly after your massage.
Prices for a massage are £35 for half an hour or £50 for an hour.
Please just let me know if you would like to book a slot. She really is fantastic and this will make for a wonderful addition to your weekend.
Vivien trained as a yoga teacher with the British Wheel of Yoga and completed her teaching Diploma (BWY Dip) with Viniyoga tutor Margaret Woodley in 2004. She is also a British Wheel of Yoga Teaching Practice Observer for trainee yoga teachers (TPOT). She also holds full indemnity insurance through her professional membership of the British Wheel of Yoga.
She started practising yoga in her early twenties and over the years has gone on to explore a wide range of yoga styles, including Iyengar, Hatha, Dru and Viniyoga. Vivien is also interested in Buddhism and meditation and as a result her teaching style is influenced by a number of schools of yoga but is centred around working mindfully. Ie: being aware of how you feel in the here and now. In this way you can work with your body and breath with increased awareness to develop a sense of physical balance and mental harmony.
Becky is a Holistic Therapist specialising in Swedish Massage, Neck, Back and Shoulder Massage, Hot Stone Massage, Reflexology, Indian Head Massage and Pregnancy Massage.
Her sessions can be tailored to meet an individual’s requirements – whether you require a 30 minute oasis of calm or a stress releasing therapy or an hour of full body massage to really get those knots straightened out!
Terms & Conditions
- Any place cancelled within 8-10 weeks prior to the retreat will result in a full refund
- Any place cancelled within 4-8 weeks prior to the retreat which has been paid in full will result in 25% loss of the total booking
- Any place cancelled within 2-4 weeks prior to the retreat which has been paid in full will result in a loss of 50% of the booking
- No refund will be given for any booking paid in full cancelled within 0-2 weeks prior to the retreat.
- However, in all cases if we are able to re-sell your place we will fully refund you
- The Orchard Retreat is not responsible for pre arranged travel costs or airfares
- The Orchard Retreat reserves the right to offer discretionary discounts and this does not affect the status of any guests who have paid in full and no discount will become due to them
- Should The Orchard Retreat have to cancel the retreat at any time due to due to teacher cancellations, numbers of participants or unforeseen circumstances to include fire or flood we cannot take any responsibility for this. However, please note a full refund will be given this should occur
- The full Orchard Retreat terms and conditions of stay as per our website apply