How to Light a Woodburner
All three yurts and The Cider Barn have a wood burning stove and you will find further information in the welcome folders of each accommodation.
1. Make sure the air vents are fully open.
2. Light the stove using the matches/lighter, one or two of the eco firelighters and some of the dry kindling provided.
3. When the fire is going well, add some bigger logs but do not totally fill the burner – you want to make sure there is good spacing around and between the logs. When these are burning well you can shut down the air vents a little.
4. Do not turn the stove down for the night, let the fire burn out.
5. You don’t need to remove the ashes from the bottom of the burner, we will do this from time to time, as these make a good bed for the fire.
6. We hope you enjoy the added warmth of the wood burners but please use them responsibly.