Please ensure these have been read and fully understood at the time of your booking!
The following are the General Terms & Conditions of stay between the guests and The Orchard Retreat. Please note that these Terms & Conditions together with our booking procedure will combine to form the whole agreement.
- The Orchard Retreat reserves the right to vary Terms & Conditions and accommodation rates at any time. All costs shown in any booking confirmation will be honoured.
- All equipment in the yurts and cottages remains the property of The Orchard Retreat at all times.
- All payments made to or by The Orchard Retreat shall be made in pounds sterling.
All information provided on our website is accurate to the best of our knowledge – we are not liable for any information outside of our control that becomes incorrect but are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Arrival and Departure
Arrival and departure days are Mondays and Fridays – check in is from 3.30pm and check out strictly by 10.00am on the day of departure.
No outdoor shoes to be worn in the cottages or yurts.
The yurts and cottages are serviced prior to check in. During your stay please make sure you clean up after yourselves, especially when using the communal areas.
We do not permit smoking in any of the yurts, cottages or communal buildings.
Our standard check in/out days are from Friday to Monday, Monday to Friday and Friday to Friday/Monday to Monday. We can be flexible with check in days outside of the school holidays. However, this will be calculated on a nightly rate when booking for less than a week (minimum stay 3 nights unless prior arranged) if your stay is outside of our standard check in days. Therefore, you will not benefit from the Monday to Friday 4 night rate being the same as the 3 night Friday to Monday weekend rate.
Payment can be made bank transfer, cheque or debit or credit card – please note telephone card payments will incur a 2.5% charge.
At the time of booking, we take a non-refundable deposit of 25%, with the balance payable at least 5 weeks in advance of your stay. Bookings made within 5 weeks of your desired dates must be paid in full at the time of booking.
Please note bookings cannot be confirmed until a deposit is received.
We require a fully refundable security deposit of £350 for large groups payable at the time of booking and a £150 group fee will be added to the balance of your stay. Pricing for large groups will be worked out on a per person basis rather than the accommodation cost. This will then include the group fees and any additional expenses, bar the £350 damage deposit which must be added to the balance at the time of payment and will be refunded after the stay in full if all is in order.
Please note that although we do not take a security deposit for smaller groups (couples and individual families) we reserve the right to reclaim any monies, using the booking payment debit/credit card information, for any unreasonable damage caused by negligence or items that go missing. We will inform you in writing of any claim and by booking you agree to this condition.
- Where a booking has been paid in full, any cancellation made 10 weeks or more prior to your stay will result in the loss of 25% (as per the standard booking deposit which is non-refundable). We will then refund the balance of your stay.
- Any booking cancelled within 5-10 weeks prior to your stay which has been paid in full will result in 50% loss of the total booking.
- No refund will be given for any booking cancelled within 0-5 weeks prior to your stay.
- A £50 admin fee will be incurred if you reschedule your stay to another date – this fee is on top of any extra monies owed due to seasonal change.
- However, in all cases if we are able to re-let your accommodation for the full amount & dates booked, we will refund your deposit as well as any other monies paid, less a £50 admin fee. In cases where we have to offer the accommodation at a discounted rate to re-let it or for only part of the time, the refund will be calculated by that amount, less a £50 admin fee. If we are unable to re-let the accommodation at all then all monies paid by the guest will be forfeited to The Orchard Retreat. The Orchard Retreat strongly recommends that cancellation insurance is taken out when booking your stay.
Should The Orchard Retreat have to cancel your holiday at any time due to unforeseen circumstances to include fire or flood we cannot take any responsibility for this, however, please note a full refund will be given in the unlikely event this should occur.
If the number of guests in one yurt or cottage is higher than that booked or the total marketed capacity of the accommodation, then The Orchard Retreat/Proprietors reserves the right to order any unauthorised persons from the premises. However, should your party include additional children under 5 years of age, allowances can be made and will charged at an additional £40 per child per stay. This should be agreed prior to your arrival at The Orchard Retreat so we can prepare for the extra person.
The Orchard Retreat does not accept liability for loss of property, personal injury or any accident during your stay. We welcome you to wander the meadows and land, cross the bridges, paddle in the streams, climb the tree house, use The Hidden Tubhouse and indulge in any other activity but you do so at your own risk.
We have 4 active bee hives which are securely located at the back of the wood; should any guests cause aggravation to them which results in being stung or injured we cannot accept liability for this.
Noise and Behaviour
Please ensure that any music is played at a reasonable level and cannot be overheard by neighbouring yurts or properties. Any noise must be kept within an appropriate level bearing in mind other parties staying – any excessive disturbance (to include loud music, raucous/threatening behaviour, dangerous or any illegal activity) will result in the persons being asked to leave the premises during their stay and their holiday ended with immediate effect. No refunds will be given under these circumstances.
Each yurt is supplied with a complimentary basket of logs – should you require more logs for your wood burner or the communal fire pit then these are available in the shop for £5.50 per basket and extra kindling is charged at £3.25. Additional eco friendly firelighters are also available and are charged at £1 for a pack of 3.
If you bring an electric car to site that needs charing during your stay, there will be a flat charge of £8 pounds per day, for each day it is charged. The total amount will be requested when you check out.
One well behaved dog is welcome, charged at £25 per dog (a second dog is considered for an additional fee of £25) in all accommodation at the Orchard Retreat apart from Bramley, but they are not allowed on the beds or furniture. Please make sure they are clean before entering the accommodation and clean up after your dog, properly disposing of any mess.
As well as being mindful of other guests, please note that The Orchard Retreat is surrounded by working farms and sheep occasionally graze in our meadows. Therefore, dogs must be kept on a lead when in the sheep meadow and under control at all times.
Dogs are welcome at the owner’s risk, however The Orchard Retreat does not accept liability for harm or injury caused by (or to) your dog during your stay.
Accepting a Booking
The person that accepts the booking agrees to the The Orchard Retreat’s Terms & Conditions of stay on behalf of all of their party. This person must be over 18 years of age.